Last updated 30 April 2020
- We are committed to protecting your privacy. We adhere to the Australian Privacy Principles and other obligations contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). We have set out what information we collect about you when you visit our website and how we use that information below.
- “Personal information” is personal data and information we hold which is identifiable as being about an individual.
Collection of personal information
- When you visit our website, we may collect certain information for analysis purposes, including:
how many times you visit our website, what pages you view, and how long you stay on our website;
details about what kind of browser and other software you are using to visit our website; and
your IP address.
enable us to monitor traffic patterns, user actions (like how many people submit a form) and to identify your computer when you return to our website.
engage in remarketing to market our sites across the web. Users with a remarketing cookie may be targeted across advertising networks to receive relevant advertisements.
- If you choose to provide us your details we will collect personal information that you provide, including—
your name, addresses (including personal, postal, and prospective installation addresses), phone number, and e-mail address;
any other identifying details that you choose to provide to us;
- We may collect additional information at other times, including but not limited to, when you correspond with us, provide feedback, or when you provide information about your personal or business affairs, change content or email preferences, respond to surveys and/or promotions.
- You generally have the right not to identify yourself when dealing with us where it is lawful and practicable for us to allow it. However, if you choose to do so, we may not be able to provide our Services to you.
Holding your personal information
- We may store the personal information that you provide us on servers hosted overseas when carrying out any of the uses described in this Policy. It is impractical to list all the countries in which your personal information may be stored , but our intention is that your data stays in Australia.
- You acknowledge that personal information that you submit through our website or services may become available, via the internet, around the world. The internet is an inherently non-secure medium and we cannot prevent the use (or misuse) of intercepted personal information by others.
Using and disclosing your personal informatiom
- We use and disclose your personal information to provide you with information, updates, and our Services
- We may, from time to time need to disclose personal information to comply with a legal requirement, such as a law, regulation, court order, subpoena, warrant, in the course of a legal proceeding or in response to a law enforcement agency request.
- We may also use personal information to protect our copyright, trademarks, legal rights, property or safety, and that of our customers or third-parties.
- If you provide us with your name and e-mail address we will store your name and e-mail address and may use it to send you occasional newsletter and servicing emails until such time as you inform us that you want to unsubscribe using the unsubscribe link at the end of every newsletter email. Please note, however, that you may be unable to opt out of some administrative communications that are reasonably necessary to our Services, such as confirmations or service notifications
- Except as specified above, we will not, without your permission, sell or otherwise provide your personal information to a third party, or make any other use of your personal information, for any purpose that is not incidental to your use of our website or Services. To avoid doubt, we will never use your personal information for any purpose not listed in this Policy, or that a reasonable person in your position would not expect.
- In certain circumstances, we may aggregate the personal information that we store for the purposes of analysis, but, if we do, we will ensure that the information is made anonymous first.
Requests to access or cease use of personal information
- If you request us not to use personal information in a particular matter or at all, we will take all reasonable steps to comply with your request. However, we may still use your information if—
we subsequently notify you of the intended use of your information and you consent to that use; or
we believe that the use of your information is reasonably necessary to assist a law enforcement agency or an agency responsible for government or public security in the performance of its functions; or
we are required by law to do so.
- You are entitled to have access to any of the personal information that you have previously supplied to us and that is in our possession, and you are entitled to change or delete such information except where we are required by law to retain it.
Contacting us about privacy
- Please refer your privacy queries, requests or complaints to us at or via email: email@example.com or by phone 1300 420 247 or at our address: level 25 / 71 Eagle Street, Brisbane, Qld 4000
- We will consider your question or complaint and respond to you in a reasonable timeframe.
- If you are not satisfied with the outcome, then you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
Phone: 1300 363 992
Snowater ABN 38 629 737 784